A PERC Card, or Permanent Employee Registration Card, is very first thing, which you must require for getting any type of Security Guard Job or Security related work in Illinois.
According to Illinois Police Training Act, a peace officer as defined in the Illinois Detective, Private Alarm Contractor, Private Security, Fingerprint Vendor and Locksmith Act is exempt from the requirements relating to the possession of a PERC. However, the employing agency shall remain answerable for any peace officer hired under this exemption. Furthermore, a person hired as an unarmed security guard at a nuclear development site or area controlled by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), who has successfully completed the background screening process and mandatory training required by the rules and regulations of the NRC is exempt from registration for a Permanent Employee Registration Card.
How to Apply for a PERC in an Unarmed Capacity:-
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- If the applicant meets the age criteria, then he/she can download the Application Form from this website.
- Now fill out the form completely carefully because any incomplete application will be rejected immediately by the concerned authority.
- Now disclose your U.S. social security number, if you have one to obtain a license, because it is mandatory step, in accordance with 5 Illinois Compiled Statutes 100/10-65.
- After filling the application, now submit a non-refundable registration fee worth $55.00, made payable to the Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- Attach appropriate security clearance documents because the concerned authority will not issue a PERC, until security clearance is completed. Therefore, individuals applying for licensure for professions that require fingerprints must submit to a criminal background check and submit proof of fingerprint processing from the Illinois State Police (ISP), or a fingerprint vendor approved by ISP or the Department. It should be noted that Fingerprints must be taken within 60 days from the date that the application is submitted to the Department or the Department’s testing vendor. For more detail, the applicants may contact an approved Livescan Fingerprint Vendor to schedule an appointment for fingerprinting. For more detail visit this link.
- Attach one latest photograph to the application in the space provided.
- Now, Forward application along with copy of the electronic fingerprint receipt, and fee payment to:
Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation
ATTN: Division of Professional Regulation
P.O. Box 7007
Springfield, Illinois 62791
Do you know that PERC expires every 3 years? That’s the reason that why the authority sends the renewal application in the mail to each & every card holders approximately 90 days prior to the expiration date of their PERC, so that they have enough time for renewal of their registration card.
What to do if your PERC get lost :-
In case, a candidate lost his PERC, a written request for a reprint of card and a $20.00 reprint fee must be sent to the above-mentioned address.